Friday, April 18, 2008

My favorite movie: Dream Girls


Dream girls
“Dream girls” is one my favorite movies. It was a story about three black girls, Deena, Effie, and Lorrell, who set up a singing group called Dreamgirls. During their pursuit of success of their career, they encountered many obstacles. At that time, black people’s music wasn’t as popular as white people. Strong discrimination widely existed in the America society. Black people could only have a job at working class level. However, with the help of their manager, Curtis, they luckily became the first singing group who was able to overcome the gap between black and white people. Finally, they were the most successful and popular black singing group in the history. Unfortunately, fame didn’t bring all advantages. At the beginning, Effie was Curtis’s lover. When Dream girls released their first album, Curtis asked Deena to be the leading singer instead of Effie. As the result, Effie was very upset and left the Dream girls without knowing that she had already had Curtis’s child. Curtis than married Deena and the new Dream girl( with a new teammate, Michelle) became popular around the world. Even though the couple were rich and carefree, their marriage wasn’t happy. When Deenna found out that Curtis stole Effie’s come-back song, she was so upset that she decided to divorce. In the end, Effie and the other three other teammates reunited and finally understood what was the most important thing for them, love.
I loved the movie for many reasons. First, I loved R&B music! The characters in the movie were always singing and dancing. I enjoyed the movie so much that I bought the original CD and I could sing all of the songs in it. Second, I loved the story! The plot was excited and always giving the audience new surprise. With close combination to the beautiful music, I was totally indulged in it. Last but not the least, the actors and actresses in it were fantastic. I couldn’t forget the scene that Effie completely broke down when finding out that all of her family had abandoned her. Her voice was shaking, and her expression showed such great sorrow that I couldn’t help but cry with her. I loved the movie so much that I had already watched it four times!
The movie’s website:
http://www.dreamgirlsmovie.com/There are songs and photos taken in the movie at the website, and it is really worthy of visiting!

No comments: