Saturday, March 22, 2008

A day as an independent and modern girl

I don't have a lot of classes this semester. Therefore, I have decided to make good use of my spare time. To save money for my trip to New York this summer, I get a part-time job as a tutor, teaching a seven-grade boy. On the other hand, I enroll in drum-set class. I also participate in two clubs, including Lo-kha-da and table tennis. With all these activities, I find my life busy and meaningful.
I have a strong feeling that I have become an independent grown-up. Just take a look at my schedule today and you can tell what I'm talking about. I woke up at 8:30 and went to work at 9:30. My student is a very nice and easygoing little boy. Although he is kind of lazy and doesn't like to do his homework. I do enjoy teaching him. What's more, he has a super cute dog as a pet. I have always been looking forward to have a dog but couldn't. The dog is almost as tall as me when he stands up, and he is indeed a passionate fellow. He always runs towards me and gives me a big hug when I enters the house.
Anyway, after work, I was starving and went straight into a restaurant. I ate my lunch alone. It may sound nothing to you, but in the past, I couldn't stand the feeling of loneliness when eating alone in the restaurant. However, I made schedule for the rest of my day while I ate.
Later on, I found a bus heading towards my next destination. I slept a little on the bus. The trip was quite long(45minutes). Finally I got to the eastern part of Taipei at two o'clock. I had a drum-set class at four o'clock. Therefore I idled alone on the busy street, and made some shopping. I found a shop having a big sale and bought some clothes at a very good price.(I'm so proud of myself haha) Then I found another restaurant and studied for a while.
I paid for my drum-set class and finish all the procedures required alone. I communicated with my new teacher about what I want to learn from him. There was something very interesting about my teacher. He was a young man with long straight hair. I could tell from his look that he was a hippy. He was very kind and told me to feel free to ask him anything. I think I will learn a lot from him in the future.
On my way back home, I suddenly recalled that I had spent the whole day wandering along Taipei city without getting lost or something. Well, I know it may sound nothing to you. However, at that very moment, I felt that I am really a grown-up. I enjoyed all the freedom I got, and I found my life is brighter than ever!

No comments: